MySQL is provided in two editions primarily: the commercial MySQL Enterprise Edition and the open MySQL Community Edition. We will try to install and set up MySQL Community Server.
- You can download the MSI version of the MySQL Community Server from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql
- Download the latest stable GA version.
- Download the one with larger size.
- Once you click on download, It might ask for ‘Login Now or Sign Up for a free account’, but you can also click on ‘No thanks, just start my download’ at the bottom.
- Double click on the installer to install.
- Accept license and click next
- Select Developer Default and click next
- Click on execute.
- Accept license for installing any prerequisites
- It might ask a popup for failing system requirements, say “yes” is you don’t want those features. Else install them manually first. You can also do this later; so just say “yes” and continue.
- Click execute again on the products listing screen.
- Click next for product configuration
- Leave the port as 3306.
- Set a root password and save it in some place secure.
- Leave the defaults selected in the Windows Service configuration page.
- Click execute on the final page.
- Click next to connect to the server and check.
- Click execute on the Apply Server Configuration page.
- Click Finish selecting option to start workbench.
- Workbench in the graphical user interface through which you can manage your MySQL Server.
- Connect to your local instance from the workbench to see if everything is fine.
Product lists installed
Please post a comment if you get stuck in any step.